Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Two Years and Counting...

It has been almost two years since I graduated from college and I'm still looking for a job. After a couple stints as an intern and as a temporary staff assistant, I was hoping that my years of experience, along with my college degree, would make me an asset to an organization, a company, or a business. However, with the current economic sitation, companies are making cuts, people are losing their jobs, and the job market is now more competitive than ever.

I've applied everywhere and went through numerous interviews and I'm still waiting to be hired. So to help me to pay my rent, my student loans and everything else, I started working in a restaurant. Not exactly my dream job or career, I'm grateful to have a job during this time of uncertainty. There are days that I am fustrated with what I'm doing but I have to stick through with it until I find something better. People tell me I should go back to school but the main questions are: what should I study (law school, grad school, or nursing school), and how will I be able to pay off the loan once I graduate (in case I still cannot find a job).


I'm going to continue apply for jobs while I make my decision about grad school. This is going to be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Did you happen to watch Julie and Julia lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I haven't seen it since I saw it in the movie theater but I'm currently fustrated and I've decided to vent through blogging.

    ReplyDelete