Friday, March 5, 2010

Is It Worth It?

So far, I have applied for two jobs: one is for a private company and the other is for the federal government. It took me awhile for me to apply for the federal government position because the process takes forever. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities statements(KSAs) and other questionnaires are the bane of my existence.

I do not understand why these KSAs prove that a certain person is well suited for a job when you can find out their experience from what they can explain in an interview or from calling their references. It is difficult to put down four to three years of job experience down on paper.

As I struggle to finish more job applications, my friend M sent me a link to this article online. After I read it, I have to agree with it. It may or may not be worth going to grad school unless it is necessary and that it will provide a stable future.

Here's the link:http://chronicle.com/article/The-Big-Lie-About-the-Life-of/63937/ What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment